Part of Hill and Smith Holdings Plc, based in Middlesbrough, Lionweld Kennedy are the recognised UK’s leading supplier of Safe, Sustainable Access solutions in Steel or GRP. We have a strong heritage of supporting multiple vertical sectors with products adaptable to the latest built environments and have a modern approach backed by 100 years of experience.
Why work for us:
We are in a strong position and have the investment and appetite for growth. As part of a FTSE 250 Plc with companies based worldwide. We are part of a strong, dynamic team delivering sustainable, innovative products and services.
Secure orders for all GRP products including GRP grating, Handrail, platforms and other related systems.
Visit existing and potential new customers within a pre-defined geographical area or sector to increase sales volumes.
Manage client relationships to generate repeat business and build a client portfolio.
Read and understand client drawings & documentation requirements.
Prepare quotations from client telephone/written enquiries to relevant Quality Procedures and commercial procedures when necessary.
Offer value engineered solutions within your estimate to help secure orders.
Input sales orders and produce work orders.
The job holder must be efficient, self-motivated, organised, and a good communicator with excellent IT and interpersonal skills.
Qualifications And Experience
· Minimum 5 GCSE’s grade 5/C and above or equivalent
· Experience within an internal sales position is essential and experience within the GRP and steel industry would be an advantage
Responsibilities to include:
· Communications face to face and telephone giving the client advice and prices with written confirmation of the same.
· Proactively generate new business through various commercial methods such as prospecting calls and marketing initiatives
· Produce regular activity reports, providing market feedback as required by the business.
· Pricing clients written enquiries received by phone or e-mail.
· Preparation of written quotations on Online Advantage for submission to client.
· Point of contact for enquiries for GRP
· Build client relationships to maximise potential opportunity.
· Maintain and update the company CRM system and submit monthly reports in a timely fashion
· Determine any additional information required and contact the client to obtain this information as necessary.
· Continuously be aware of any revisions and alterations supplied by the client and to take these alterations into account through the Quality Assurance Procedure, particularly looking for any cost impact to the Company.
· Show commercial awareness in highlighting changes to orders which may result in chargeable extras being invoiced to clients.
· Be familiar with all Quality Assurance and commercial Procedures referring to enquiries.
· Must be prepared to be flexible in order to meet the needs of the Company and its clients including intermittent travel.
· Inputting all sales orders and producing work orders.
· Agree credit terms with client and advising client when account is overdue (all in conjunction with LK accounts dept).
· Resolving invoice queries with clients and raising credit notes.
· Check processed orders prior to issue to works
· Develop and maintain an understanding of IT systems and assist in the development on new systems and working practices
· Track and monitor your own monthly KPI’s and strive to surpass targets month on month
· Any other sales & estimating duties as required by your line manager.
Position: Permanent with an immediate start
Hours of work: Mon- Thursday 9.00am -17.00pm, Friday 8.00am – 2.00pm
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Holidays: Full time – 25 days per year (Holiday year Jan – Dec) + 8 Bank holidays, Pro rata for part time.
Life Insurance: 3 times basic salary whilst in employment
Pension Scheme: Automatic enrolment if meet criteria, 5% Employee, 3% Employer. After 1 year in April – Age related up to max 6.5%
Hill and Smith Share options scheme: When available and if applicable.
Employee Assistance Programme: Free to employees (Lifeworks)
Employee Engagement Platform offering discounts – (Rewards Gateway)
Free on-site parking.
Close Proximity to Town Centre, Bus & Train Stations
We welcome applicants from all sectors of the community, and we aim to recruit a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve.
All applicants will be asked to prove that they have the right to work in the UK.