Part of Hill and Smith Holdings Plc, based in Middlesbrough, Lionweld Kennedy are the recognised UK’s leading supplier of Safe, Sustainable Access solutions in Steel or GRP. We have a strong heritage of supporting multiple vertical sectors with products adaptable to the latest built environments and have a modern approach backed by 100 years of experience.
Why work for us:
We are in a strong position and have the investment and appetite for growth. As part of a FTSE 250 Plc with companies based worldwide. We are part of a strong and dynamic team delivering sustainable and innovative products and services.
To fully process the weekly payroll for shop floor employees within Lionweld Kennedy and to assist with all HR administration as directed by the HR Manager
The job holder must be efficient, self-motivated, organised, and a good communicator with excellent IT skills. The job holder must also be discrete and maintain strict confidentiality. The ability to prioritise, remain calm under pressure and remain focused will be required.
Qualifications And Experience
- At least one year’s payroll experience is essential (Sage Payroll preferable)
- Good GCSE’s / ‘A’ levels or equivalent in English and Maths
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office is essential
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Responsibilities to include:
- Process and submit weekly payrolls on Sage Payroll
- Communicate any queries regarding hours with Production Managers
- Prepare and submit weekly timesheets for agency employees
- Responsible for maintaining and updating all sage payroll processes
- Responsible for all reporting from payroll in line with HR and business requirements
- Liaise with Revenue and Customs as necessary
- Maintain all holiday, sickness, and lateness records
- Maintain Kelio clocking system
- Ensure all statutory payments are updated in line with legislation
- Deal with employee payroll queries and resolve appropriately
- Produce payroll reports as requested
- Maintain management and employee confidence and protect payroll operations by keeping information confidential
- Monthly report on payroll deductions
- Any other ad hoc work related to payroll
- Process new starters/leavers including induction packs, reference requests etc
- Create and maintain personnel records, ensuring archiving of leavers and cleansing of information held is in line with the Data Protection act
- Assistant with recruitment administration
- Maintain attendance records including holiday, absences, lateness, and report discrepancies to HR Manager
- Maintain training records (skill station)
- Support the HR Manager with additional HR ad hoc administration duties
- Maintain management and employee confidence.
Position: Permanent with an immediate start
Hours of work: Part time – 21.75 hours per week –
Mon- Wed 9.00am -17.00pm,
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience.
Holidays: Full time – 25 days per year (Holiday year Jan – Dec) + 8 Bank holidays, Pro rata for part time.
Life Insurance: 3 times basic salary whilst in employment
Pension Scheme: Automatic enrolment 5% Employee, 3% Employer. After 1 year in April – Age related up to max 6.5%
Share options scheme: When available and if applicable.
Employee Assistance Programme: Free to employees (Lifeworks)
Free on-site parking.
Close Proximity to Town Centre, Bus & Train Stations
We welcome applicants from all sectors of the community, and we aim to recruit a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve.
All applicants will be asked to prove that they have the right to work in the UK.